Now I know...

Yes, that's right! Now I know why it cost $$$ to reupholster a chair, but it is definitely so very satisfying. I finished the last stitch just moments ago and the final product is ready for viewing/sitting pleasure!

I forgot to take a complete "before" picture, so here is the chair upside down and the seat cushion piece to the left ready to be traced.
This was the fabric we found under the current look. There was yet another fabric under this one (definitely a sign of the decades-60s, 70's (below) and 80's the fabric we just removed!)

The final product!
Another view of the final product!

5 comments:

The Carpenters said...

I am BEYOND impressed! Looking at the finished product makes me want to do one (looking at the work in progress still makes me a little nervous). Great job, lovely finished product.

Kathryn said...

Who knew you were so skilled? Extra points for completing this project with a toddler at home! Love the fabric you chose, looks great!

Greta said...

Oh I'm so impressed!
Now every time you sit in that chair you'll appreciate it that much more!!

Genevieve said...

you have mad skills Grace!

Shelley said...

Job well done Grace, I'm so impressed!