The Children's Museum and the 4th of July

We spent the day at the Children's Museum of Atlanta and then hung out with BeBe while we waited to go downtown for the 4th of July.  This is probably my all time FAVORITE holiday and I was so excited to be at home with the family to celebrate it as we usually do!  We went to the Ritz this year, thank you Laura, and actually started the race near the start line (never done that before...I always jump in at the Embassy Suites), went to Lenox for the fireworks (across the street from the hotel) and swam all afternoon!  I'd say it was a great year!  Excited for next year!






Samuel and Ryan walked through and played in the Centennial Olympic Park fountain.  Samuel was a bit hesitant at first, but by the time we needed to go he didn't want to leave!  I love that he can have a great time anywhere!



Drinking daddy's drink while he wasn't looking!


The best way to eat an Oreo...double fist them!

and then tempt your Uncle Zach with a bite! 

Ryan and I ran the race this year while Dad and Mom watched the boys!  Dad still kept his shirt though...it was totally worth it!


Zach and Laura


Traditional watermelon...do you know how hard/impossible it is to find a watermelon with seeds?  No seed spitting contest this year!

Waving his flag and checking out the sparkler

Watching the fireworks with Daddy.  This picture brought tears to my eyes!  I love this holiday because our family has always been together.  We celebrate our country and the freedom we have.  I love the music in the background that reminds me of the amazing place I live.  I LOVEd seeing Samuel get so excited about the fireworks and even cuddle with his Daddy as he sat in awe at the beauty in the sky!

Samuel spent a large amount of the fireworks show standing on the cooler, pointed excitedly at each new firework and waving his flag!  


No comments: