Nursery basically complete

Well the nursery is basically complete. We will probably transition Samuel into the twin bed first and then over to his bunk beds. Most likely this will happen once we get back from visiting friends in September. Then we'll change the crib back to the higher level to get ready for baby #2! I think this brings my projects to an end...now to organize the stuff in the attic!

The original view of the thrift store bed I found.
Painted and ready to go into the room.

The artwork on the wall was an old pallet that our kitchen manager saved for me! I saw a friend do this and LOVED the idea...just glad I found a place to do it myself!
View of the room from the door. The twin bed just needs a bed skirt and we're good! The side table belonged to my grandfather's great aunt and uncle. The artwork is the pallet that I salvaged and the blanket on the rocker is one that my grandmother made for Samuel.
View in front of the closet at the foot of the bed.




2 comments:

The Carpenters said...

oh, I love it, the bed looks great and the art piece is really special. I want one...

Where in the World are the Powells said...

Liz, I will happily make you one!