He's Content

Well, baby Powell has not made any real move toward making an appearance! Ryan and I went to the doctor yesterday, and nothing really to report! I am dilated 2 cm, but I have been there for 3 weeks now! They will induce me July 1 if he hasn't come by then, so we know it will be no more than a week away! We have enjoyed time in the ocean-the weightlessness of the water is incredible, time in the pool, and lots of time under the fan and cool AC! The heat here is pretty miserable, but not too deadly!

I have been told to try the following-if you have any other thoughts please share!
Squats (check-nothing), spicy foods (check for the past 3 days-nothing), Walking (check everyday-nothing), going up and down stairs (check about 50 times a day-nothing), being patient (kinda check-this is a hard one!!!)

3 comments:

Greta said...

Well 1 more week isn't long at all to wait!!! (And at least you have an end in sight).

Listen, I tried EVERYTHING to try to get Sam to come on out - short of castor oil...I heard some nightmarish stories about that. Anyway, he still took his sweet time and only after the doctor "intervening" (email/facebook message me if you want the details), did I go into labor and I still had to be put on pitocin and have my water broken...13 days after he was due.

P.S. What IS up with this heat? Ugh.

The Wyatts said...

Curb walking worked for me- walk with one foot on the ground and one on the curb. It's pretty uncomfortable when you're 9 months pregnant but it worked for me with Josiah. :) Walking is what I've always been told and that's what worked with my second. Either way, God knows your little guy's birthday and will be sovereign over it all :) He'll be here before you know it!

Kathryn said...

You are learning about patience and God's timing, which is perfect.