Tree Decorating

We had a great time decorating the tree.  Of course Ryan got all the lights on the tree and the bottom strand went out, so we had to go out the next day to get a new strand of lights-gotta love it!  Samuel and Charlie loved looking at each new ornament I unwrapped.  Charlie kept pointing to the new ones and saying "oooooooh pretty".  Samuel wanted to hear the story behind each ornament.  Ryan and I both have some very special ornaments from our childhood and then ornaments that belong to each of the boys.  I love Samuel's wonder and excitement of Christmas this year, it was so much fun!





Another Powell tradition is to watch the Peter, Paul & Mary Christmas special from 1984.  Ryan grew up watching this every year while decorating the tree.  My older brother kindly transferred it from VHS to a USB drive so we can watch it still!




Grandmommie gave us this angel when we got married.  It was on my grandparents tree for many years and now resides on the top of ours!  I love how all of our traditions have come together and the new traditions we have added to our Christmas season!

No comments: