Merry Christmas Eve

I know that we are all so very busy, but I wanted to take a moment and just remember all the great memories I have had on the celebration day of our Savior's birth! Growing up we always would spend Christmas Eve with my dad's side of the family, having a wonderful dinner, reading the story of Jesus' birth from Luke, singing Christmas carols and listening to my Gigi pray for about 15 minutes! My family has always been so important to me and is such a huge part of my life and I am so thankful to have added family to my list! Ryan is (obviously) so important to me, and with him I inherited a whole new family! Ryan's parents will be joining us on Christmas day, and I couldn't be happier! They are going to get to enjoy Samuel all day, which they are so very excited about. We'll also get to read the story together, just like I always have! Being our first Christmas with Samuel we have talked a lot about traditions we want to keep and new ones we want to start as our child(ren) grow up! Of course we will always emphasize the celebration of Christ's birth and his ministry here on Earth, the importance of love and joy that family brings, and we might even throw Santa in there as well! I feel so incredibly blessed to have such a great family that is founded in the message of Christ and to have a husband that wants to carry that on to our new family! Thank you, Lord, for the sacrifice of your Son and the hope that it brings all people that one day we can sit in Heaven and worship you! Merry Christmas, friends and family! I love you all!

No comments: