Keeping with tradition

My grandmother made my mom and uncles stockings when they were just babies and then made all of the grandchildren's. When Ryan and I were engaged she began working on his. A few years later my brother, Stephen, got married but my grandmother just didn't think she was going to be able to make Tiffany's stocking, so I stepped up to the plate. I didn't quite know what I was getting myself into, but it was really fun and I know that I will enjoy keeping up with this family tradition. When I found out I was pregnant with Samuel I knew it was time to begin the next stocking. I completed the cross stitching last night and sewed the back on this afternoon. Below is the end product and all of our stockings hanging on our mantel!



2 comments:

Andy & Katie said...

Grace--I'm impressed! :)

Pam Burrus said...

that whole thing is cross stiched???? Insane!! Great job!

By the way - we will take 3 for our fam... ;)