The Pickle

About 5 years ago my aunt started the pickle ornament tradition on Christmas eve. Somehow Ryan finds it every year! It often yields a $20, so he starts looking the moment he walks in the door. Again this year he found it and everyone whined that it was because of his height that he found it, really it's because the rest of us are too busy eating yummy appetizers to bother with searching.

This year my mom got one for her tree. As we were just sitting around talking I noticed a long green ornament on the tree. I simply said, "mom, did you get a pickle ornament too?" She was excited that someone had seen it. Stephen quickly jumped up, looked and grabbed it off the tree! Of course I fought that I had actually found it, though he retrieved it! Mom determined that I was the true winner! Sweet, I am not the proud owner of a beautiful $10...now how quickly can I get to Starbucks to spend it???




1 comment:

Laura said...

LOL! Y'all are such eighth graders. :) I love you and Stephen fighting over stuff like that. Makes me feel like we're still having a sleepover at your parents' old house. Good memories my friends.